5 Amazing Beauty Remedies For Split EndsAugust 13, 2018
Hair Tips – Make your Blow-dry Last LongerSeptember 5, 2018
It’s difficult to prevent split ends. Still, there are things you can do to reduce their frequency and severity.
Tips and tricks
- Get regular haircuts and trims, preferably every six weeks.
- Don’t wash your hair daily. When you do wash, consider only using conditioner and skipping shampoo.
- Choose all-natural shampoos that contain no harsh ingredients.
- Use a conditioner after shampooing or use a leave-in conditioner.
- Use a wide tooth comb to detangle wet hair.
- Limit services that damage hair, such as coloring and chemical straightening.
- Use a heat-protective spray, and minimize the use of heat.
- Take supplements that strengthen the hair, such as biotin and folic acid.
Some hairstyles, like ponytails and hair twists, can cause split ends. Limiting how often you wear these hairstyles and using softer hair ties may help prevent damage.
When it comes to split ends, prevention is key. Although you might have no intention of eliminating your styling tools, using them a little less and keeping your hair well-conditioned may help prevent hair breakage.
By Health Line